Welcome to the DHS Counselor's Web Page
Carol Mettlen 936-829-5190
Kim Thompson 936-829-6991
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
If you son or daughter (incoming 10th -12th grade) is interested in taking college classes for dual credit, please email or contact the counseling office at
Following are the steps for qualification
1. Must have a core grade point average of 92% or higher.
2. Attendance rate must be 95% or higher
3. Student must complete the Angelina College application at the following address: www.applytexas.org
4. Student must take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI college entrance exam) and pass the reading & writing portions. The test is given twice a year at Diboll High School.
5. Once the application is submitted, pick up AC registration paperwork form the counseling office
Roadmap to College by Grade
College Board School Code: 442000
Admissions Applications for Public Colleges and Universities in Texas: Apply Texas
Federal Financial Aid (completed after income taxes are done senior year): FAFSA
College Entrance Testing: SAT ACT
Students entering college must take the TSI assessment prior to enrollment. We offer the TSI here at the high school or it can be taken at Angelina College.
Free TSI Assessment Study App
To become familiar with the style and content of questions in the TSI Assessment, you may download the FREE TSI Assessment Web-Based Study App at https://store.collegeboard.org/. In the search box in the left column, type the following item number: 130095469.
Need help choosing a career? Visit the career and counseling center for information on the 16 career clusters.
We give the PSAT to our 10th graders and it is optional for our 11th graders. Results typically arrive in late December/early January. Students will receive an in-depth presentation on how to interpret their results. Please remember that only juniors can qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Sophomores are given the test to provide them with a planning tool for the SAT.